Canada‘s biggest free garden tour is back!
Visit Long Branch Saturday June 22 between 10 am and 4 pm and enjoy over 40 beautiful gardens.
The 2019 garden tour will be better than ever, as we celebrate the 135th birthday of our beautiful community.
Garden Tour Brochures are now available at:
- The Happy Bakers – 3469 Lake Shore Blvd W. at 31st Street
- Thrive Organic Kitchen and Cafe – 3473 Lake Shore Blvd W. at 31st Street
- Tasty Korea – 3323 Lake Shore Blvd. W. at 27th Street
- Fair Grounds Organic Cafe and Roastery– 3785 Lake Shore Blvd. W. at 40th Street
- DeCourses Cafe – 3232 Lake Shore Blvd. W. at 22nd Street
- Long Branch Library – 3500 Lake Shore Blvd. W. at 32nd Street
Brochures will also be available on Garden Tour day at
Garden Tour Headquarters – 85 Thirty First Street a block south of Lake Shore.
the Garden Tour map is also available online.
- Don’t miss the fabulous gardens north of Lake Shore Blvd. Plan your route to include these gems.
- Dress for the weather. Hats, sunscreen, rain wear… It tends to be 1 -2 degrees cooler by the lake.
- Wear comfortable footwear and please be attentive in the gardens for uneven surfaces, tree roots and other obstacles.
- Plan to stop for a lunch break. Consider stopping at one of the excellent restaurants along Lake Shore Blvd.
- If you’re posting photos on social media, please use the hashtag #longbranchgardentour. Share our gardens with your friends
- Don’t miss the free garden talks. It’s a great chance to learn from the experts. As well, feel free to ask gardeners questions on any stop on the tour. ..
Garden Tour Events
Garden Tour Headquarters at the Branch Church – 85 Thirty first Street
9:00 – 9:45 – Free Garden Talk – Sean James – Proud of my Pruning
9:45 – 9:50 – Kick-off Ceremony
12:00 – 12:45 – Free Garden Talk – Jeff Mason – Creating Super Summer Planters
10:00 – 4:00 – Art Event with Toronto artist Bruce Parsons – Elemental Time – (see below)
10:00 – 4:00 – Children’s activities
10:00 – 4:00 – Etobicoke Master Gardeners – information table about gardening for kids and families
At 15 Thirty Sixth St
1:00 – 2:00 – Drumming by the Lake (1) drum circle at the Titan Heritage tree: Heritage Trees
At 15 Twenty Seventh St.
2:00 – 2:45 – Jack Antler will be playing Old Time Music
At the Toronto Public Library, Long Branch – 3500 Lake Shore Blvd W.
The GARDENS Pod Project in South Etobicoke will have an information table. The library has a veggie garden which is one of the Pod sites as part of the Garden Pod Project.
(1) Drumming by the Lake, it’s a small group of drumming enthusiasts that gather at the Martin Luther Evangelical Lutheran Church in Mimico (Superior and Lakeshore) every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and everyone is welcome to come and join in.